Venue Hire – The Old Kirk
The Old Kirk
River Street, Yamba – next to Yamba Golf Club
Our unique space is available for hire to community groups and individuals for:
- Art/Cultural Exhibitions
- Special Occasions
- Training/Workshop programs
- Concerts/Movie nights
- Yoga retreats
- Art/Cultural Exhibition: $100 per week
- Wedding: $500
- Wedding back-up: $250
- Full Day to 6pm: $200
- Half Day: $100
- Hourly for day or night: $40
A deposit of 50% of the fee is required to secure the booking and must be paid within 2 weeks otherwise the booking will not be held. Payment can be made by direct debit or by cash or cheque to the Port of Yamba Historical Society. The balance must be paid on or before the hire date, or by prior arrangement.
In the event that you wish to cancel the hire of the venue, 30 days’ notice is required to receive a refund of the deposit, otherwise the deposit will be forfeited.
BOOKINGS can be made by phoning the Bookings Coordinator on 0417051937.
If unavailable, leave a message at Yamba Museum on 6646 1399 and a representative will get back to you.
The Old Kirk is listed for heritage value and has been lovingly restored by members of the Port of Yamba Historical Society, with assistance from the Federal Government and Clarence Valley Council. It is managed and maintained by Society volunteers. Please respect its significant history and unique character by “treading lightly” so that others may continue to enjoy this community asset for many years to come.
The Old Kirk has:
- Large floor space of 48 sq metres, plenty of wall space equipped with gallery hanging rails and lighting
- Space for 70 chairs and 6 rectangular folding tables
- Air conditioning
- A large projection screen and data projector
- A lectern
- An aisle carpet runner
- Plinths for flowers/decoration
- Easy access to toilets, including disabled toilet
- Access to a small area suitable for light catering with basic tea/coffee making facilities, including crockery and microwave. Hirers need to bring their own supplies, and must wash up crockery and return to cupboards. No refrigeration is available.
- Its own security/alarm system – Hirers are provided with security code.
- Alcohol. Due to liquor licensing laws, alcohol must not be sold at your function.
- Smoking. There is absolutely No Smoking on Yamba Museum premises.
- Heavy objects must not be dragged across the floorboards, and sharp objects must not come in contact with the floor or walls.
- Decorations. All decorations must be removed.
- Nails or Screws. Nothing is to be nailed or screwed to the walls. Please use only the gallery hanging system. Balloons, streamers, banners etc. may be suspended from the crossbars. Do not hang heavy objects from these bars.
- Flames. No flames, including candles/incense are allowed inside the building or on the walkway.
- All chairs and tables must be stacked after use.
The building must be left as found.
NOTE: All damage must be paid for. If additional cleaning is required after your function, you will be charged.
Please note that any items left in the building are at the Hirer’s own risk.
If a problem arises, please contact Margaret Lawrence on 0417051937, OR Lesley Pickering on 0417698262.