The Port of Yamba Historical Society has research officers who may be able to assist with your research request about family, local or district history.
Inquiries relating to the townships of Yamba, Angourie, Micalo Island, Romiaka Island and Palmers Island can be investigated.
Even a simple inquiry can involve some preliminary research on the part of our research officers. Because of this, before your request is investigated, a $20 fee is payable. ($10 for PYHS members). A quote will be provided if further research is required, based on a rate of $25 per hour.
There are three payment options:
- In Person: at Yamba Museum, River Street Yamba, during opening hours. Complete the form and submit it with your payment at the Museum front desk.
- By Post: Port of Yamba Historical Society, PO Box 100, Yamba NSW 2464.
Giving details of your enquiry and contact information, together with a cheque payable to The Port of Yamba Historical Society.
- Direct Debit: Make your payment to the following account, (using your surname and the word research as the reference for the payment): The Port of Yamba Historical Society, BSB 062 688, Account No. 10153663.
The Port of Yamba Historical Society has an extensive digital Image Library of photographs of local and district history. Digital copies of most photos from our Library are available on request and payment of a fee. The digital copy can be emailed or, collected in person using supplied USB.
- From 1 to 5 images: $10 per image ($5 per image for PYHS Members)
- For more than 5 images: Discount available on request
PYHS Members can make a booking with a researcher to assist in searching for photos. Please ask Front Desk volunteers or contact Yamba Museum during opening times, by phone, or email.
One Stop Research Shop
This facility gives computer access to material held in the Museum’s archives – relevant to the town and people of Yamba and surrounding districts. Volunteer members have dedicated many hours to this innovative project. In some instances, the data may be incomplete but information is added as it becomes available.
Most people email their inquiries and pay the fee for research by the Society. Some PYHS Members may wish to make a booking with a researcher to assist in navigating the site. Please ask Front Desk volunteers or contact the museum by phone or email.
You can contact us by
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 02 6646 1399 Visiting us in person at River Street, Yamba. Next to the Golf Club, or
Completing and submitting the online form below…