Venue Hire – The Function Room
The Function Room
River Street Yamba – next to Yamba Golf Club
This venue is available for hire to community groups and individuals for:
- Openings of art/cultural exhibitions
- Wedding receptions
- Special occasions
- Training/Workshop programs
- Celebrations/Wedding receptions – max 12 hours: $300
- Hourly for day or night: $40
A deposit of 50% of the fee is required to secure the booking and must be paid within 2 weeks otherwise the booking will not be held. Payment can be made by direct debit or by cash or cheque to the Port of Yamba Historical Society. The balance must be paid on or before the hire date, or by prior arrangement.
In the event that you wish to cancel the hire of the venue, 30 days’ notice is required to receive a refund of the deposit, otherwise the deposit will be forfeited.
BOOKINGS can be made by phoning the Bookings Coordinator on 0417051937.
If unavailable, leave a message at Yamba Museum on 6646 1399 and a representative will get back to you.
The Function Room was newly completed in 2020 as part of a grant from the NSW State Government to enhance the Yamba Museum precinct. It is managed and maintained by volunteers of the Port of Yamba Historical Society. This venue has louvred windows overlooking the golf course, giving lots of natural light. It may be used in conjunction with the hire of The Old Kirk.
- Significant floor space for 40 chairs and 6 rectangular folding tables
- Attached break-out space for 20 guests in the breezeway entrance.
- Ceiling fans with centred lighting
- A servery with double sink, dishwasher, fridge, special drinks fridge, movable island bench, crockery and glassware
- Easy access to toilets, including disabled toilet
- Direct access from the front of the museum via rampway
- Rear access from the museum’s parking area along concrete footpath
- Alcohol. Due to liquor licensing laws, alcohol must not be sold at your function.
- Smoking. There is absolutely No Smoking on Yamba Museum premises.
- Heavy objects must not be dragged across the floorboards, and sharp objects must not come in contact with the floor or walls.
- Decorations. All decorations must be removed.
- Nails or Screws. Nothing is to be nailed or screwed to the walls.
- Flames. No flames, including candles/incense are allowed inside the building or on the walkway.
- All chairs and tables must be stacked after use.
The venue must be left as found.
NOTE: All damage must be paid for. If additional cleaning is required after your function, you will be charged.
Please note that any items left in the building are at the Hirer’s own risk.
If a problem arises, please contact Margaret Lawrence on 0417051937, OR Lesley Pickering on 0417698262.